ME

The ramblings of a girl who is misunderstood ... very eccentric ... completely odd ... painstakingly creative ... a little loud ... unbelievably funny ... extremely intelligent ... totally nerdy ... and really interesting ... as she loves her life and lives it ... walking down many rocky roads ... surrounded by people who will never truly understand her ...

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Enemy Within

the enemy within me
that thing that I hold so tight
cling to as if nothing else matters
that thing that causes me to fail
fail at everything I attempt
the fear
the self-loathing
the hate that I hold deep inside for myself
for who I am
for what I have let myself become
in the hopes of making everyone else happy
everyone else
but never me
how do I defeat this enemy
become the real me
let go of he fear that holds me here
stuck in limbo
closed up in this box
this cage
with no way out?

No comments:

Post a Comment