ME

The ramblings of a girl who is misunderstood ... very eccentric ... completely odd ... painstakingly creative ... a little loud ... unbelievably funny ... extremely intelligent ... totally nerdy ... and really interesting ... as she loves her life and lives it ... walking down many rocky roads ... surrounded by people who will never truly understand her ...

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Suffering in Silence

You either love me OR don't love me
like me OR despise me
Not both
It can't be both
Both turns me into an abused animal - 
not sure what to do
how to behave
afraid to get close
afraid to move
never sure what will set you off
what will make you lash out
never sure what I've done - 
Love taken away so quickly
Only hurt remains
hurt that's worse than bruises
worse than blood
hurt so deep
at the core
a hurt that never goes away
can never be repaired
I can't trust
not anyone
especially not you
nice one second
mean and cruel the next
I flinch whenever you're close
even during the good times
Unconditional love holds no meaning for you
Your words stab at my heart until there's nothing left

4 comments:

  1. Unconditional love should ask for nothing in return! Words cut deep and sometimes right through the heart! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I find it so easy to relate to this poem?

    While reading this piece, I couldn't help but be reminded of someone I used to be very close to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. I have been told by others that the things that I write are easy to relate to. I am both glad (because someone else understands) and saddened (because someone else understands).

      Delete